Applications Open for Three Month Internship with Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung NYC in 2023
Description of Tasks for Interns
Generally, the interns will fully participate in all Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung–New York Office (RLS–NYC) office activities, from team meetings to public events, from research to documentation, editing to translating. They will work in projects funded by the BMZ (Ministry for Cooperation and Development) as well as in those funded by the AA (Foreign Ministry).
We aim at having interns for a three-month period.
Interns will be supervised by Andreas Guenther, Director RLS-NYC, with guidance from each of the four Project Managers.
Internships are offered on four cycles in 2023. In your application and cover letter, please indicate which cycle you are applying for/prefer. The cycles are as follows: January-March 2023, April-June 2023, July-September 2023, and October-December 2023.
More specifically, RLS–NYC interns will be:
- Supporting events (tabling, taking pictures, etc.)
- Conducting research
- Helping with the compilation of documentation
- Editing, translating, proofreading
- Assisting outreach
- Attending weekly team meetings
- Assisting project managers
- Leading on one specific self-guided project for the duration of the internship
- Fluent English language skills
- Interest in politics
- Excellent computer skills
- Flexibility, ability to work under pressure
- Proofreading skills
Preferred but not required skills:
- German language skills
- Political engagement
- Graduate student
- Design experience
- Media skills, such as videotaping or photography
- Experience with applications such as WordPress, Analytics, and Adobe Cloud
All interns will work 30 hours per week and be paid USD$15 per hour and be expected to work out of our Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung NYC Office.
*Deadline extension: Until Sunday, October 2, 2022*