The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung, Inc. is the U.S. affiliate of the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung, an internationally operating, progressive non-profit institution for civic education funded by the German federal government. The Foundation’s New York Office opened in fall 2012. It serves two major tasks: to work on issues concerning the United Nations, including collaboration with people and political representatives from the Global South, and to work with U.S. and Canadian progressives in universities, unions, social movements, and progressive institutions.
We are now hiring for the following position: Project Manager North America and United Nations.
- Conceptualize new projects as well as screen and evaluate project proposals
- Plan, monitor and evaluate projects in terms of budget, content and documentation
- Organize international events, conferences, and workshops
- Provide analysis and advice on relevant socio-economic and political trends
- Network with institutions, universities, NGOs, and media
- Contribute to publications and reports
- Assist with general office tasks
- Be willing to travel
- Relevant academic background (Advanced Degree, or B.A. plus 5 years of relevant work experience)
- Excellent knowledge in the field of U.S. and Canadian politics, especially related to the right to city (including transit justice and housing justice), Black history and racial justice, as well as international politics
- Experience in project and event management, particularly in cooperation with NGOs, social movements, and other actors in civil society
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Editing experience/skills, excellent proofreading skills
- Photo and video skills, including editing, are very desirable
- Willingness to work in German and European contexts
- Understanding of and affinity for the foundation’s topics and goals
- Language skills very desirable, German language skills are a plus
- A diversified suite of responsibilities in a small team with great spirit, good working conditions and benefits.
- A starting salary of $78,000 p.a.
Applications must be submitted to Andreas Günther (email@example.com) by July 4, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. U.S. work permit required. The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. Employment is to start at the next possible date.