Friday, March 5, 2021
9:30 am ET/3:30 pm CET/8:15 pm NPT
To mark Rosa Luxemburg’s 150th birthday on March 5, Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung – New York Office and MADRE are hosting an online event that brings together indigenous women leaders and scholars of Rosa Luxemburg to understand Rosa’s continuing impact on women around the world.
Rosa Luxemburg famously wrote: “I want to affect people like a clap of thunder, to inflame their minds not by speechifying but with the breadth of my vision, the strength of my conviction, and the power of my expression.” We want to bring women together for a conversation about her continuing influence and lasting legacy.
Panelists (others to be confirmed):
- Ana Ceto – Guatemalan indigenous rights activist
- Cindy Kobei – Kenyan indigenous rights activist
- Pratima Gurung, Nepalese disability rights and indigenous activist
- Dana Mills – a scholar of Rosa Luxemburg
- Johanna Bussemer – Head of Unit, Europe, Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung
The event will include Spanish interpretation.